Monday, January 26, 2009

Let's get this moose on the loose......

The doctors have been kind. They took Jen off of the monitors for a few hours so she could shower and regroup. She is in a much better mood since she got out of that bed. We will find out in about forty five minutes the effects of the cervidil. We are hoping that the cervix is dilated to at least 2". Jen's bucket is hard as a rock so I am thinking that the cervidil is making progress. She is also starting to have noticable contractions. Regardless of the results the docs are going to begin the pitocin drip. This is where the real fun begins. Once the pitocin goes in, it can take anywhere from five hours to more than twenty four to deliver the moose.
I know that this will be a very painful experience for Jennifer. For some reason I am not worried. She has a calm about her that makes me believe in her. She is the kind of person that sets her mind on something and there is nothing that will keep her from meeting her goal.
She's a tough chick.
So earlier I went out and got a HUGE lunch for her because I know it will be some time before she gets to eat again. I ordered her two bowls of veggie chili along with a basket of fries. I had a blackened cajun burger that made my breath like fire. Jen looked at me like I was insane when I came back with the bounty. We now have plenty of food reserves. I am relaxed in knowing that Jen has a proper carb load in her. She's going to need it.
Ok this is enough for now. I am rambling on, I think this is a sign of delerium.

P.S. Jen just made some comment about taking our dog Mona sledding. I didn't think the drugs she is on would include hallucinations as a side effect.
It's going to be an interesting evening......

Here are some pics so you can get a feel for our environment. Jen does not want to be photographed.



No comments:

Post a Comment